Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Privé Bakery Café: The Ambience, Burger & Wine

NY Burger

Prive at Keppel Bay is the perfect place for brunch, dinner, and a romantic date. I’ve been there so many times for brunch and I guess this is the first time I went there for dinner. Needless to say, the view and ambience is even more stunning in the evening. No doubt, I’m absolutely in love with the place. The serene and peaceful environment makes you just relax and enjoy your meal with your companion. This is pure pleasure :x

IMG_5363

Alright.....let’s move on to the food!

N.Y. Burger ($26)
200g Wagyu Patty, Melted English Cheddar, Crispy Onions, Aioli, served with Fries
IMG_5335

Prive’s wagyu burger is probably one of the best burger I had recently. Medium done beef petty was succulent and moist. Strong beefy flavour all hidden within this burger. I feel this is just as good as Dallas’s wagyu burger except that it is smaller in portion. The fries are crispy and fragrant with toasted bun which is delicious on its own! The next time I will go for their L.A. burger, with a fried egg to go along with the wagyu burger. :D

Slipper Lobster Linguine ($25)
Slipper Lobster Linguine

I didn’t think highly of Prive’s pasta initially. But to my surprise, they are not bad at all. Pasta was done al dente with the slightly spicy tomato sauce. And they are quite generous with the lobster meat as well. However, I do feel the sauce could be more flavourful like the seafood pasta from Cugini. Nevertheless, it was satisfying.:)

As the night falls.....it’s time for some desserts and wine!
IMG_5345-horz

Sticky Date Pudding ($10)
Sticky Date Pudding

If people ask me to recommend one dessert that they must try at Prive or Cafe Hacienda, I will usually recommend their sticky date pudding. I know many of you feel that Marmalade Pantry has the best sticky date pudding. But to me, prive's rendition is better. Soft and warm interior, served with vanilla bean ice-cream and butterscotch sauce is the best dessert I have that night.

Frangelico Ice Cream Profiteroles ($10)
Frangelico Ice Cream Profiteroles

A pretty dessert with no substance which I shall not elaborate further.

IMG_5362

Prive at Keppel Bay, see it, feel it and love it. :x
And I can't wait to go back soon! ;;)
Click here for full menu.

Privé Bakery Café
2 Keppel Bay Vista
GF Marina @ Keppel Bay
Tel: 6776 0777

6 comments:

*Harris said...

Let's make a return visit soon. Somehow I like the ambience here more than the food though haha

HungryTrotters said...

The burger looks good! :) Was this Harris' order? hahaha Somehow, when I see burger, I associate it with Harris. :)

The sticky date pudding looks lovely too!

Happy CNY!

Bella V said...

Harris: haha. It is the ambience which attracts me there too. I'll love to go back again :)

HungryTrotters: Hi lorraine! Happy CNY to you too! Hope you're having lots of fun celebrating CNY there. :)
I didn't go prive with Harris. haha. It was my order. Somehow I kept having weird craving for burgers recently and wagyu burger it is! hehe

*Harris said...

@HT: I think she has eaten more burgers than I have in the past few months haha

Shirin said...

Hey my dear! The setting looks amazing! With the yachts and all! And the food!! :) Hope you're well! x

Alison said...

I've always wanted to visit, now I have a good reason to!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails